We all have those nights where making a full meal just seems so daunting. Maybe it is just one of those nights where instead of going out you would rather just stay in and have light appetizers and some good wine for your meal.
James and I like to do this quite often and ever more so during the summertime when you don’t want to spend a whole lot of time slaving over the stove. I had the pleasure of trying this great appetizer at a social event. Anytime I come across something really yummy I always ask for the recipe and now I would like to share it with you. This is not your typical appetizer.
It is a very classy and delicious appetizer that is sure to please all who may try it. It is very rich and decadent so even though it makes a small amount it really does go a long, long way. We like to have ours with French bread, sliced into medallions that we then bake. It pairs very well with a light, dry white wine like Pinot Grigio because it’s crisp acidity cuts through the richness of this dish. I hope you all will try it and see what you think!!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz medium shrimp peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- ¼ c chicken broth + I tsp lemon juice (or ¼ c white wine)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ c sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ c shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil and 9-inch baking dish or coat with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, ¼ c. mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining ¼ c. mozzarella. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.